AddThis

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My famous White Chicken Chili

I managed to hold off until the weather isn’t scorching, but I can’t wait any longer to share my white chicken chili recipe. 

When you look at the ingredients and see it’s nearly all canned, you will quickly recognize it is easy. What you might not know is this has won or placed in at least 3 chili cook offs – yes, it's true! The spice level is perfect for a crowd - enough for people who like heat, but still mild enough for those who don't like things too spicy.

On top of being delicious, it’s also fairly low in calories and fat; it is high in sodium, but otherwise is healthy. And, it's easily doubled as long as you have a big enough pot!

Easy White Chicken Chili
Serves 6

2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced OR 2 small cans chicken (If starting from raw chicken, I usually place it in water and gently simmer while I work on the rest, then chop and add at the end)
2 - 15 oz. cans great northern beans, undrained
2 – 10 oz. cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1-2 soup cans water (I usually use 1.5 but you can adjust based on your desired thickness)
1 – 10 oz. can Rotel Original - diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 packet white chicken chili mix (found in the spice aisle)
1 onion, diced


Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Then, simmer on low for 20-30 minutes or until hot and flavors are combined

1 comment:

  1. I I can testify Gina is a great cook and is very relaxed when cooking for guests. By the way I am her grandmother

    ReplyDelete